to the Cycle Touring Association of Western Australia (Inc.)
- The Tour Brochure and Registration Form for the 2021 On Your Bike – Heart of the Great Southern Tour are now available
- Newsletter 276, Autumn 2021, is available here – it’s another bumper issue
- The upcoming CTAWA 2021 Grain Silo Art Tour is now full. No more entries can be accepted
- The AGM on Sunday 21st Feb was well attended The minutes for the meeting will be available soon. Some outcomes of the meeting are:
- Congratulations to Rita Miller who was voted Cycle Tourist of the Year for 2020. See Cycle Tourist of the Year for the full list of past winners
- A number of members received Achievement Rides awards during 2020. Congratulations to Christine Liddiard and Bruce Robinson who were received the Super Achiever award. The full list of participants and award recipients are listed at CTA Achievement Rides – 2020
- Newsletter Article of the Year was presented to Christine Liddiard and Linda Tompkins for their article Girls do the Gibb River Road in the Summer 2020 edition of The Chain Letter
- Single Day Ride of the Year for 2020 was awarded to Liz Marshall for “Let’s do some hills” (on Wed 24 Jun) and Silvia Klemenz for “Pub Night” (and Thu 16 Jan)
- Multi Day Ride of the Year was awarded to Rita for the “Retirees Spoke Tour Busselton” (30 Nov to 4 Dec)
- A new award for this year is for the person who led the most rides during the year. For 2020 the ward was to Liz Marshall who led 16 rides over the year
- The CTA Committee for 2021 was elected. See CTA Committee for the team for 2021
Bicycle pannier touring, road cycling and mountain biking in the Perth area, regional WA, interstate and overseas.
Images © Tony Humphreys 2004
The Cycling Touring Association of WA (Inc.) is a not-for-profit recreational cycling club which organises a wide variety of recreational and social rides with a focus on cycle touring. Activities include short and long day rides, weekend trips and longer cycle tours of a week or more. The CTA is the premier/only cycle touring club in Western Australia. The Association can be described as: Promoting and enjoying recreational cycling and cycle touring.